History of the Carrollton Junior Woman’s Club
The Carrollton Junior Woman’s Club was organized in November, 1957, and was Federated in January of 1958. CJWC is a nonprofit organization. Each year we raise thousands of dollars to distribute to our many projects and local charities. We contribute to our community through service work and volunteerism.
General Federation of Woman’s Club
CJWC is a local club under the umbrella of the General Federation of Women’s Clubs. GFWC is an international women’s organization dedicated to community improvement by enhancing the lives of others through volunteer service. Members understand that there is no single issue and no single solution. We are distinguished from other nonprofit organizations in that we have the freedom to shape programs and projects that suit the Carrollton community. Becoming a GFWC member means joining a local GFWC club, where more than 100,000 members are actively engaged in volunteer community service in approximately 4,000 clubs across the globe.
“Club life teaches that there are many kinds of wealth in the world-the wealth of ideas, of knowledge, of sympathy, of readiness to be put in any place and used in any way for the general good. These are given, and no price is or can be put upon them, yet they enable and enrich whatever comes within their influence.”
–Jane Cunningham Croly, in 1890 Founder-General Federation of Women’s Clubs